Friday 30 January 2015

Coming out

Hey
So as my title says, this about me coming out and for those who have yet to find the strength.

It was a hard thing to come to terms with, but I always knew I liked men, I guess i knew really early.
I first experienced it at the age of 5, I remember going to a friends house and we were playing in his yard, the next thing I remember was being under his dad's truck and kissing. That was the first time for another 14 years. I mostly spent my time alone, always laying in bed and thinking about running away with some other guy and finding love, but at the same time too scared to even live that way and tell people.

I became a bit of a pothead by 18 and smoking weed everyday for weeks, I met this guy and he was gorgeous, younger than me by 3 years though. But all I wanted to do was be with him all the time. Then not long after that my brother passed away at 14 years old to cystic fibrosis, I completely fell apart and went insane, I told everyone I knew at the time I was gay and they didn't want anything to do with me, I spent some time in a psychiatric ward.

After I got out I went to live with my grand parents in a small country town and I immediately felt home, I was where I needed to be and I found happiness, I told them that I was gay, and they were happy that I was comfortable to tell them before the rest of my family.

I had a few relationships but nothing serious until I was 20, I am now 24 and still with the guy who took my virginity. Yes I lost it at 20 haha but I am very glad I lost to the guy of my dreams.

All I can say is for anyone who hasn't come out yet, don't wait too long find the strength you need and whoever truly cares about you will stay by your side.

Stay strong, stay safe, be beautiful xx

No comments:

Post a Comment